After effects - first attempt. /quote research
So, I've never used after effects before. Which is pretty apparent from this video. Nonetheless, I watched a few tutorials and tried some very basic things just to see if I could get it to work. Experimenting and learning. This includes a portion of my David Bowie quote that I listed in the previous post.
- Charles Eames
- "Take your pleasure seriously."
- "If nothing else, a student must get from his training a feeling of security in change."
- "Who is to say that pleasure is useless."
- "Eventually everything connects."
- "Simple is good." - Jim Henson
- "Good design is obvious. Great design is transparent." - Joe Sparano
- "Design creates culture. Culture shapes values. Values determine the future." - Robert L. Peters
- "Thinking about design is hard, but not thinking about it can be disastrous." - Ralph Caplan "Design cannot rescue failed content" - Edward R. Tufte
My final quote chosen :
"I don't know where I'm going but I promise it won't be boring." - David Bowie
Most of the quotes I came across were very specific to design. The way I see it, once you commit yourself to the world of design, everything in life is relevant to your work. I also chose this quote because it reflects how I feel about this year. I made a decision back in August to take this journey no matter how difficult it would prove to be. Few things are more exciting than getting the chance to make your dreams a reality.
Side note- David Bowie specialized in layout and typesetting in the 60's at Bromley College of Art. It was at this very school that he was punched in the eye by a fellow student (allegedly over a girl) leaving him with a permanently dilated alien eyeball.